The Way We Were
Credit: Jenny Cameron, 28 August 2010
Join us at the East Somerset Railway this August Bank Holiday for a weekend of nostalgia.
The clocks will be turned back over the weekend of the 27th to the 29th August at the East Somerset Railway as it relives the days of rural Britain going back to the 1940s and beyond this is intended to be a celebration of rural life surrounding a county station and will include attractions such as vintage agricultural equipment, war time vehicles, displays, stalls etc.
So why not come and visit the ESR and:-
- Travel by train through beautiful Mendip countryside hauled by a beautifully restored steam engine.
- Enjoy songs and stories from 1940s Entertainer Dickie Lines
- Strollers in period dress adding to the atmosphere
- View a range of period vehicles and other vintage and classic vehicle displays!
- Onboard Bar Car serving local Real Ale and Cider.
- Bouncy Castle and Merry go round (additional cost applies) for the Children
- At Cranmore Depot, Lady Nan will be on Driver for a Fiver duties, why not have a go driving a steam engine and helping fund the restoration of Steam Engines at Cranmore?
Steam Trains from 11:00 to 16:00 each day
Lots of fun for all the family!View previous event photos in our Photo Gallery by clicking here.
News item added on 25th August 2011, by GM
If you wish to receive ESR News via email, click here and enter your email address